Daily : April 7, 2017
Question: Green Growth Equity Fund, which is a joint- UK-India fund, aims to leverage private sector investment from the City of London to invest in Green Infrastructure Projects in India, What amount of money is being allocated for it by each country?
(b) 120 £
(c) 300 £
(d) 450 £
- On 4, April, 2017; India and the UK announced the launch of an Early Market Engagement for the joint UK-India Fund.
- This is namely a Green Growth Equity Fund which aims to leverage private sector investment from the City of London to invest in green infrastructure projects in India.
- This was announced at the bilateral meeting between Arun Jaitley, the Minister of Finance, Defence and Corporate Affairs, Government of India, and Rt Hon Philip Hammond MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer, Government of UK in Delhi
Both governments agreed upon to invest up to £120 million each (i.e. totally £ 240 million) in the joint fund which will be established under the NIIF framework.
Question: – Carolina Marin, who was defeated by P.V. Sindhu in the final of Yonex Sunrise India Open Super Series-2017; belongs to which of the following country?
- On 2 April, 2017 P.V. Sindhu won the final of Yonex Sunrise India Open Super Series by 21-19, 21-16 at the Siri Fort Complex in Delhi.
- She defeated Rio Olympic Gold medalist Carolina Marin of Spain in the final match.
- She received US $ 325000 prize money for this victory.
- It is worth noting that Sindhu is the first Indian Badminton player to enter the Olympic finals in Badminton, she won silver in this game at Rio Olympic last year.
- Other important achievements of Sindhu are Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, highest sporting honour of India in 2016; Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award of India in 2015 and Arjuna Award in 2013.
Question: K Prithika Yashini has become the India’s first-ever transgender police officer. In which of the following States she has been appointed?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(b) Tamil Nadu
- On 2nd April, 2017 K Prithika Yashini , 26 year old, join the police service at Dharmapuri district in Tamil Nadu State.
- She is the India’s first transgender to join police service.
- She has been appointed on the post of Sub-Inspector after completing her training in police academy at Chennai.
- In is worth mentioning that Yashini has faced a long legal battle and her appointment by Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB) is directed by Madras High Court in November 2015.