Daily : January 9, 2017
Question: What is the theme of the New Delhi World Book Fair (NDWBF) – 2017?
(c) Digital India
- From 7 to 15 January 2017; New Delhi World Book Fair (NDWBF) 2017 will be held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- New Delhi World Book Fair will have ‘Manushi’ as the Theme of this year.
- This will focus on writings on and by women; and will exhibit the rich tradition of women writings from ancient times till present.
- India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), under the Ministry of Commerce, Governemnt of India is the Co-organizer of the Fair.
- National Book Trust is celebrating 60 years of its foundation and it will showcase its journey in promoting books and reading at a special exhibit ‘This is no looking back!’.
- The exhibit will display the varied activities that NBT has undertaken in promoting books including book fairs being organized by the Trust across India, participation of NBT in international book fairs, publishing programme among others.
Question: The 104th Indian Science Congress-2017 was held in which of the follownig state?
(a) Tamil Nadu
(b) Andhra Pradesh
- The 104th Indian Science Congress-2017; was held from 3-7 January at the Sri Venkateswara University Campus, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
- It wasinaugurated by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- He also inagurated “Pride of India-Science Expo-2017” which coincided with the event.
- The theme of this edition of Congress is “Science and Technology for National Development”.
- It has been organised by the Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), a premier scientific organisation of India.
- It is for the second time Tirupati is hosting the ISC, as for the first time it was hosted in 1983.
- Contingent of 200 scientists from foreign nations, 10,000 scientists representing various national laboratories, faculty and research scholars from Indian universities and several others participated in the congress.
- The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) participated in “Pride of India-Science Expo-2017”.
- 40 DRDO laboratories have participated at the expo to showcase state-of-the-art military systems and technologies at the DRDO Pavilion which narrate the saga of Self-reliance & National Pride with the “Make in India” spirit.
- Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) is a premier scientific organisation of India with headquarters at Kolkata, West Bengal
- The association started in the year 1914 in Kolkata and it meets annually in the first week of January.
- It has a membership of more than 30,000 scientists.