Question: Recently, the 12th South Asian Games-2016 mascot was unveiled, what is its name?
- The Organising Committee of the 12th South Asian Games, 2016 (OC-SAG) on 13 December 2015 unveiled the logo and mascot of the Games in a ceremony held at the ITA Cultural Center Machkhowa, Guwahati, Assam.
- Beautiful North Eastern cities of Guwahati and Shillong would jointly host the Games from February 6-16, 2016 and about 4500 sport persons and officials from 8 countries are expected to participate in 23 events of 12th South Asian Games.
- Earlier in July 2015, the OC-SAG held an open design contest to invite logo and mascot designs for the 12th edition of south Asian games.
- The Logo and the Mascot of the Games were selected from around 450 entries each. Kolhapur’s Anant Khasbardar and Abhijeet Krishna of NIFT Patna won the mascot and logo designing contests respectively.
- The logo has eight petals representing the countries participating in the 12th South Asian Games. The petals are seen to be moving in a clockwise direction showing the positive spirit of the games.
- The look also resembles a head gear that was given to the winners of games during the ancient times in Europe.
- The name of the Mascot for the Games is TIKHOR, who is the Brand Ambassador of the 12th South Asian Games, 2016
- TIKHOR is someone who is sharp, naughty, sporty and modern. He is all-rounder, active, energetic and popular among kids. With traditional and sporty costumes, he is playing all games and welcoming every new idea in sports. He is motivator, friend and familiar to sports lovers of the region