India’s tour of Zimbabwe
Question: Who has been selected as the “Player of the series” in recently held ODI series between India and Zimbabwe?
(a) Brinder Saran
(b) K.L Rahul
(c) Mandeep Singh
(d) Jaspreet Bumrah
- From 11 to 22 June 2016; Indian cricket team was on Zimbabwe tour.
- During this the two countries has played three one-day international and three international Twenty20 match series.
- India won the three-match one-day international series by 3-0.
- Indian batsman who scored 196, the highest in one-day series K.L Rahul (Kannur Lokesh Rahul) has been declared as the “Player of the Series”.
- Indian bowler,Jaspreet Bumrah took maximum 9 wickets in the series.
- K L Rahul become the first Indian and 11th Batsman in the world to score a century in his debut ODI match.
- He in his first match of the series, scored an unbeaten 100 in 115 balls.
- India won the third ODI by 10 wickets and achieved this milestone for the sixth time.
- Indian captain MS Dhoni in the same match became the fourth wicketkeeper in the ODIs to claim 350 dismissals in the format.
- India won the three international Twenty20 match series by 2-1.
- Most wicket taker Indian bowler, Brinder Saran has been declared as ‘Player of the Series’ in the Twenty20 series.
- Indian player Mandeep Singh scored 87, the highest run by an individual in the Twenty20 series.
- Zimbabwe won the first match of the Twenty20 international series against India and this was their second won against India.
- Zimbabwe scored 170 runs in the same Twenty20 match against India is the highest score made by Zimbabwe against India.
- Earlier, their highest score against India was 145 runs.
- K.L Rahul become the first player to be dismissed on the first ball of any international Twenty20 innings.
- Donald Tiripano took his wicket on the first ball.
- With this Rahul become the second player to got out on first ball in T20I debut.
- Previously the record was registered in the name of Dhoni.
- Jaspreet Bumrah in the first match became the first Indian bowler to take 50 wickets in Twenty20 in a calendar year .
- Internationally the record of most wicket taken in a calendar year held by Dwayne Bravo (West Indies).
- Bravo, in 2015 took 69 wickets in 47 matches.
- Brinder Saran debuting in the second Twenty20 match took 4 wickets in 4 overs by giving 10 runs.
- This is India’s best bowling performance in Twenty20 debut.
- Pragyan Ojha was the previous record holder who gave 21 runs against Bangladesh and took 4 wickets.
- India won the second Twenty20 match by 10 wickets.
- This was the first 10-wicket win in International Twenty20 matches for India.
- Third match of Twenty20 was 324th match for M.S Dhoni as the captain.
- Graeme Cremer was the captain and Makhaya Ntini was stand-in coach of Zimbabwe cricket team.