सामयिक विषय: Operations & Campaign
Question: When did the President launched countrywide Pulse Polio Programme for 2017?
(a) 28 January 2017
(b) 29 January 2017
(c) 30 January 2017
(d) 31 January 2017
- On 28 January 2017; President of India Pranab Mukherjee launched the Pulse Polio programme for 2017 by administering polio drops to children less than five years old, at the Rahstrapati Bhawan.
- On 29 January 2017; the National Immunization Day is celebrated.
- Around 17 crore children of less than five years across the country will be given polio drops as part of the drive of Government of India to sustain polio eradication from the country.
- Rotavirus virus vaccine has been introduced as part of the UIP in 2016.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will soon introduce Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine.
- It will help to reduce the burden of diarrhea, pneumonia and meningitis, and a countrywide campaign with Measles-Rubella vaccine in phased manner.
Question: Which of the following Indian Force has recently launched operation ‘Sard Hawa’ at the western international border of Rajasthan?
(a) Border Security Force
(b) Central Reserve Police Force
(c) Indian Army
(d) Central Industrial Police Force
- On 15 January 2017; Border Security Force (BSF) launched operation ‘Sard Hawa’ at the western international border of Rajasthan.
- The operation will continue till January 28.
- Under this vigil will be beefed-up to check the instances of infiltration due to the dense fog in the area.
- The purpose of the operation is to keep a hawk’s eye on the international border.
- It should be noted that this operation is launched by BSF during severe cold and fog.
Question: ‘Swachh Swasth Sarvatra’, is an inter-ministerial joint initiative of which of the following two ministries?
(a) Ministry of Water Resources and Urban Development
(b) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
(c) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Rural Development
(d) Ministry of Rural Development and the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
- On 29 December 2016 Swachh SwasthSarvatra’, an inter-ministerial joint initiative between the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare was launched in New Delhi.
- The Union Minister, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, J.P. Nadda, Union Minister, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Prakash Javadekar, and Secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Parameswaran Iyer were present at the launch event.
- Another joint initiative, ‘Swasth Bacche Swasth Bharat’, between Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Human Resource Development was also launched on the occasion.
- The objective of the ‘Swachh Swasth Sarvatra’ initiative is to build on and leverage achievements of two complementary programmes – Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) and Kayakalp – of the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation and Ministry of Health and FamilyWelfare, respectively.