सामयिक विषय: Operations & Campaign
Question: In which of the following States the first mock exercise on forest fire is organized by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) on April 20th, 2017?
- On April 20th, 2017, the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) conducted a first-of-its-kind State-level mock exercise on forest fire in State of Uttarakhand.
- This exercise was aimed at assessing the efficacy of integrating the preparedness and response mechanisms of the forest department.
- NDMA expert Major General V.K. Datta (Retd.) led the exercise.
- The exercise tells that how to stop the fire and to rescue the affected people, animals by using various techniques and equipment.
- During the fire in the forest, information was received from the practice about what to do and what should not be done between the locals.
- The mock exercise was part of a three-day event which began with a Co-ordination Conference on April 18, 2017
- The exercises were conducted in coordination with various agencies, such as fire, forest, Army, health, police, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) and civil defense.
Question: Which of the following countries launched their first joint military exercise ‘Sagarmatha Friendship -2017’?
(a) India and China
(b) India and Nepal
(c) India and Bhutan
(d) China and Nepal
- On April 17, 2017, China and Nepal launched its first joint military exercise ‘Sagarmatha Friendship-2017’.
- This ten-day military exercise is being organized in the Military Training School, Maharajganj, Nepal.
- This military exercise is being done to combat terrorism and disaster management.
- It is known that in March 2017, Nepal had proposed this joint military exercise to Kathmandu in front of Chinese Defense Minister General Chang Wanquan.
- Significantly, Nepal has been practicing such a military experiment with India and America for a long time.
- But his military practice with China is indicating India’s diplomatic failure.
- It is notable that the ‘Sagarmatha’ is the Nepalese name of Mount Everest, the world’s highest peak.
Question : Which of the following country’s army has recently launched “Radd-ul-Fasaad “ , a military campaign to wipe out terrorist organizations and fundamentalists (orthodox ) from the country?
- On 22nd February , 2017, the Pakistani army launched a new military campaign named Radd-ul-fasaad across the country to wipe out terrorists, their organizations and fundamentalists (Orthodox).
- Pak Military has started the campaign after the killing of 88 people in suicide attack in Sufi Dargah Lal Shahbah Kaldar in Sindh province some days before.
- The Operation aims to indiscriminately eliminate the residual/latent threat of terrorism, consolidating the gains made in other military operations, and further ensuring the security of Pakistan’s borders.
- Radd-ul- Fasaad literally means ‘Elimination of discord’.
- Pakistan’s Army, Air Force, Navy and all other security and intelligence agencies would participate in this all-out operation.
- A campaign named Zarb-e-Azhab was launched in 2014 by the Pakistani army to disperse the militants from the North Waziristan region on the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.