Daily : January 4, 2017
Question: Who has been appointed as Vice Chief of the Air Staff of Indian Air Force?
(a) Air Marshal SB Deo
(b) Air Marshal C Harikumar
(c) Air Marshal Dinesh Chandra
(d) Air Marshal S V Lal
- On 2 January 2016; Air Marshal SB Deo PVSM AVSM VM VSM ADC took over as Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS) at Air HQ.
- Air Marshal SB Deo was commissioned as a fighter pilot in the IAF on 15 Jun 1979.
- He is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy and the Defence Services Staff College, Wellington.
Prior to taking over as VCAS, he was the AOC-in-C of Western Air Command (WAC).
Committee for Improvement in National Sports Development Code and Functioning of National Sports Federations
Question: Recently Government Constituted a Committee for Improvement in National Sports Development Code and Functioning of National Sports Federations, the committee will be headed by-
(a) Secretary (Sports)
(b) Supreme Court Justice
(c) Minister of State for Sports
(d) President of Olympic Association
- On 2 January 2016 Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Vijay Goel has constituted a Committee headed by Secretary (Sports) to suggest improvements in the National Sports Development Code and functioning of Sports Federations etc.
- The committee will give its report within one month.
- The new Committee will suggest improvements in the present National Sports Development Code on the basis of suggestions and feedback given in these meetings and submit a report within a month so that Sports Bodies work as per the public expectations for the promotion of sports in the country.
Question: The setting up of financial data management centre under the aegis of the financial stability and development council was announced in which of the following year’s budget speech?
- On 29 December 2016 government appointed panel has suggested setting up a financial data management centre (FDMC).
- The Committee, headed by Ajay Tyagi (additional secretary in finance ministry), has submitted its report and a draft bill titled ‘The financial data management centre bill 2016’.
- Finance minister Arun Jaitley in budget speech 2016-17 had announced setting up of financial data management centre under the aegis of the financial stability and development council (FSDC) to facilitate integrated data aggregation and analysis in the financial sector.
- Financial Stability and Development Council is an apex-level body constituted by the government of India. The idea to create such a super regulatory body was first mooted by the Raghuram Rajan Committee in 2008.
- Finally in 2010, the then Finance Minister of India, Pranab Mukherjee, decided to set up such an autonomous body dealing with macro prudential and financial regularities in the entire financial sector of India.