Question: Which of the following country hosted the 3rd Summer Youth Olympic Games?
- Third summer Youth Olympic Games (YOG) were held in Buenos Aires, Argentina from 6th to 18th
- Total 3,997 athletes have taken part from 206 countries in the games. A total of 241 events were held under 32 sports.
- Mascot of the 2018 Youth Olympic Games was #Pandi. The logo of the Games was ‘live the future’.
- Russia finishes with first rank on medal tally with a total of 59 medals (29 gold, 18silver, 12bronze).China and Japan bagged the consecutive second and third spot respectively.
- India finishes with 16th rank on the medal standings. A total of 13 medals were clinched comprised of 3 gold, 9 silver and 1 bronze medal.
- Indian weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnunga grabbed the first ever gold medal in weightlifting battling under the men’s 62 kg weight category.
- India shooters Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary had won the gold medal under 10 m air pistol category in their individual events.
- Akash Malik became the first Indian archer to grab medal in Youth Olympic Games.He bagged silver medal to mark this history.
About Youth Olympic Games:
- Youth Olympic Games (YOG) is a multi-sport event held every 4 years.For the first time it was held in Singapore in year 2010. Next summer YOG will be held in Dakar, Senegal.
- The concept of Youth Olympic Games (YOG) was coined by Austrian industrial manager Johann Rosenzopf in 1998 to make youth active and healthy.
- Till date total, 3 summers and 2 winter youth Olympics have been held.
List of summer and winter youth Olympics to date-
- 1st summer -Singapore, 2010
- 1st winter- Innsbruck, Austria, 2012
- 2nd summer- Nanjing, China, 2014
- 2nd winter-Lillehammer, Norway, 2016