Question: India Meteorological Department was established in?
- The Meteorological Department (MeT) issued a yellow weather warning for rain in Himachal Pradesh.
- According to Shimla MeT centre director, the weather department forecasted thunderstorm with hail in isolated places of mid hills, including Shimla, Mandi, Kullu, Chamba, Solan and Sirmaur.
- The MeT office issues color-coded warnings to alert people ahead of severe of hazardous weather which has the potential to cause damage widespread disruption or danger to life.
- Yellow is the least dangerous out of the weather warnings – it indicates the possibility of severe weather over the next few days that could affect people.
- India Meteorological Department was established in 1875 with headquarter situated at New Delhi. This department is under Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- It is the National Meteorological Service of the country and the Principal government agency in all matters relating to meteorology, seismology and allied subjects.