Ques: When Base Year of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) has been revised from 2010=100 to 2012=100?
(a) February, 2015
(b) March, 2015
(c) April, 2015
(d) May, 2015
- December 16, 2015 Year end review-2015 has been released by Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation.
- The new series of National Accounts, revising the base year from 2004-05 to 2011-12 have been released in January, 2015.
- The Base Year of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) has also been revised from 2010=100 to 2012=100 in February, 2015.
- The General Consumer Price Indices (CPI) for the month of October, 2015 for rural, urban and combined showed an annual inflation rate of 5.54%, 4.28%, and 5.00% respectively.
- The Consumer Food Price Indices (CFPI) for October 2015 for rural, urban and combined showed an annual inflation rate of 5.18%, 5.47% and 5.25% respectively.
- The latest quarterly GDP at constant (2011-12) prices for the quarter July-September, 2015-16,, which is estimated at Rs. 27.57 lakh crore.
- An integrated Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) portal is developed and operationalized to monitor all critical aspects such as fund release; fund utilisation; implementation of works; etc.
- A two day Conference of Central and States Statistical Organizations (COCSSO) was organized in Guwahati, Assam during 04-05 November, 2015.
- An All-India workshop was organized for states on new series of national accounts with base year 2011-12 during July 7-9, 2015.
- The workshop aimed at to acquaint the state officials of the changes in methodologies and data sources in the new series and to provide guidance on compilation of state income estimates on revised base year.