Ques: The 46th Indian Labour Conference (ILC) was held at –
(a) New Delhi
- December 17, 2015 Year end review-2015 has been released by Ministry of Labour & Employment.
46th Indian Labour Conference
- The 46th Indian Labour Conference (ILC) was held on July 20, 2015 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi was launched National Career Service (NCS) Portal and ESIC 2.0: Reform Initiatives of ESIC on the occasion.
- After the launch of the Shram Suvidha Portal Scheme 1,35,698 inspections have been assigned as on December 4, 2015 of which 1,26,893 have already been uploaded on Shram Suvidha Portal.
- Since the launch of the Online Annual Return on April 24, 2015, 444 online returns have been filed on the Shram Suvidha Portal as on December 4, 2015.
- According to report issued by the second National Commission on Labour, the minstry has drafting Small Factories Bill regulating the working and service conditions of workers in small manufacturing units employing less than 40 workers.
- The design of portal for Common Registration under 5 Labour Acts has been developed in association with Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion.
- The acts covered for common registration include:
(1) The Employees Provident Fund & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952,
(2) The Employees State Insurance Act, 1948,
(3) The Building & Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1996,
(4) The Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970, and
(5) The Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act
- Amount of Assistance for ITI education has been enhanced from Rs.2000/- to Rs.10,000/-.
- A national e-portal for online application and disbursement of scholarships has started for all students starting from class I to professional degree from September 1, 2015.
- Cash assistance under housing and scholarship schemes is now being transferred in electronic mode to the beneficiary account. The initiative started in 2013 has reached full scale from April 1, 2015.
- The Ministry of L&E is implementing the National Career Service (NCS) Project as a Mission Mode Project for transformation of the National Employment Service to provide a variety of employment related services like career counseling, vocational guidance, information on skill development courses, apprenticeship, internships, etc.
- A Conference was held on 6th December, 2015 in light of the pioneer work done by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, in the area of Labour Welfare.
- A booklet “Dr B R Ambedkar –Labour Welfare & Empowerment : Initiatives to make his vision a reality” was also released on this occasion.