Question: Recently, the World’s first ultra-fast Hyperloop project has been granted to which Indian State?
(d) Andhra Pradesh
- Maharashtra has granted infrastructure project status for a $10-billion plan to build the world’s first ultra-fast hyperloop project on 1st August, 2019.
- A hyperloop is an ultra-high-speed ground transportation system akin to bullet trains.
- The American transport tech firm ‘Virgin Hyperloop One’ will be constructing the route between Mumbai and Pune.
- ‘Virgin Hyperloop One’ firm is led by Richard Branson.
- This project stretching over 117.5km.
- The Mumbai-Pune hyperloop is expected to slash the 3.5 hour travel time between the two cities to 35 minutes.
- Hyperloops use magnets to levitate pods inside an airless tube, creating conditions in which the pods can shuttle people and freight at speeds of up to 1,200 km per hour.
- The first phase of the plan envisages an 11.8-km (7.33-mile) -long track to be built in up to 2-1/2 years with an investment of 50 billion Indian rupees ($724 million) in Pune.