Question: Consider the following statement regarding World Mental Health Day 2019:
(1) It was observed on October 10, 2019.
(2) The theme of this day is ‘suicide prevention’.
From the above correct statement/s is/are:
(b) Only (2)
(c) Both (1) and (2)
(d) None of the above
- World Mental Health Day is observed across the world on October 10, 2019.
- The day aims to raise awareness regarding mental health issues and mobilize efforts to support mental health.
- World mental health day theme for 2019 is ‘suicide prevention’.
- The main objective behind making suicide prevention the key focus this year is to attract the government’s attention to the issue so that it is given priority in public agendas across the world.
- The World mental health day 2019 gives an opportunity to all those who work in the field of mental health issues to talk about their work and raise awareness regarding what more can be done to make mental health care a reality for people across the globe.
- According to WHO, almost every 40 seconds, someone loses their life. Hence, WHO has launched an awareness campaign called “40 seconds of action” to raise awareness of the large scale of suicide around the world and the role that each of us can play to help prevent it