Question: The Third edition of the ‘Women Transforming India Awards’ was organized by –
(a) NITI Aayog
(b) National Commission For Women
(c) National human rights commission of India
(d) None Of the Above
- The third edition of the ‘Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards’ was organized by NITI Aayog in partnership with MyGov and the United Nations, on 16th December, 2018.
- Upgraded portal of the ‘Women Entrepreneurship Platform’ (WEP portal 2.0) was launched by Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu.
- WTI award’s theme is “Women and Entrepreneurship” and fifteen winners have been chosen through an extensive six-month long process to identify fascinating and inspiring stories of women entrepreneurs.
- Awards ceremony recognizes the exceptional work of 12 women in critical areas such as preventing violence against women; bridging the gender gap in education; providing healthcare; building livelihoods and enterprises for women; and promoting inclusion for persons with disabilities.
- WTI Awards 2018 received over 2300 nominations this year.