Question: Where was the IISF-2017 organized recently?
(d) Uttar Pradesh
- On October 16th, 2017, Union Minister of Science & Technology Dr. Harshvardhan inaugurated Women Bio-tech Incubator at Golden Jubilee Biotech Park for Women Society during IISF, 2017 in Chennai.
- M. S. Swaminathan, Founder Chairman, Women Biotech Park, and State Minister of Industry, Government of Tamilnadu – Shri M C Sampath were present at the occasion.
- Biotech Park is a good example of a Centre and State Government Partnership.
- With the support of the State Government it will drive many important initiatives under Start up India and Make in India.
- Women Scientists Conclave with the theme “Women Scientist and Entrepreneurs – Game Changers Driving Science for New India” was held as a part of India International Science Congress, 2017 in Chennai.
- The Atal Innovation Mission also aims to promote the innovation ecosystem.
- The Conclave is being attended by over 350 Women Scientists, Researchers, Faculty and Entrepreneurs.
- Harshvardhan also released a book – Genesis of Biotech Park – on this occasion.
- It is noteworthy that The first women to receive a medical doctorate degree was Anandibai Joshee in 1885, the first Indian women Doctorate in Basic Science wasJanaki Ammal in 1931 and India’s first woman to get a doctorate of science from an Indian university was Asima Chatterjee in 1944.