Question: Which of the followings is not correct in relation to IPL T-20, 2018?
(a) Sunrisers Hyderabad captain Kane Williamson was given a purple cap.
(b) Rishabh Pant of Delhi Daredevils hit most sixes in the Tournament.
(c) Sunil Narayan (Kolkata Knight Riders) as the most valuable player was selected.
(d) This was the third title of Chennai Super Kings.
- The 11th edition of the ‘Indian Premier League’ (IPL) T-20 Cricket League, administered by the Board of Control of Cricket in India, concludes in India. (April 7 -27, 2018)
- Final Match-Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai (27 May, 2018)
- In the final match, Chennai Super Kings won the title by defeating Sunrisers Hyderabad by 8 wickets (9 balls remaining).
- Playing on behalf of Chennai Super Kings, Shane Watson played a century in the final match and was elected ‘Man of the Match’.
- Chennai Super Kings captain was Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Sunrisers Hyderabad captain was Kane Williamson, who was chosen as captain in place of David Warner after being found guilty in the Ball Tempering controversy.
- Orange Cap (KKR) – Kane Williamson (735 runs from 17 matches), Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Purple Cap – Andrew Tye (24 wickets in 14 matches), Kings XI Punjab
- Most Valuable Player – Sunil Narine (357 runs and 17 wickets in 16 matches), Kolkata Knight Riders.
- Fairplay award – Mumbai Indians (Captain-Rohit Sharma)
- Most Rising player: Pant (684 runs in 14 matches), Delhi Daredevils
- Perfect catch of the season – Trent Bolt, Delhi Daredevils (Captain of Royal Challenger Bangalore, to catch for Virat Kohli)
- Stylish Player of the Season – Rishabh Pant (Delhi Daredevils) to make the highest number of runs in the competition (68), maximum sixes (37) and unbeaten 128 runs (highest individual score of IPL 2018) against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- This is the first time that all three exploits have been done by the same player in any IPL season.
- Super Striker of the Season – Sunil Narayan
- Pitch and Ground Award – (1) Cricket Association of Bengal (for hosting 7 or more matches)
(2) Punjab Cricket Association (to host less than 7 matches).
- Other facts related to IPL -2018:
- Rashid Khan of Sunrisers Hyderabad scored the highest dot ball (167).
- Fastest Fifties – Kings XI Punjab’s K.L. Rahul (51 runs in 14 balls), against Delhi Daredevils.
- Shane Watson has scored two centuries in the tournament.
- These two centuries were completed in 51 balls, which was the fastest century in IPL-2011.
- This is the third title won by Chennai Super Kings.
- Mumbai Indians have won three IPL titles.
- Earlier, Chennai had achieved title of 2010 and 2011.
- Biggest six of IPL: Ab De Villiers (111 meters).
- Season’s highest score made against Kolkata Knight Riders (245/6 in 20 overs) against Kings XI Punjab.