Question: Name the Vice President of the China who recently visited India-
(a) Xi Jinping
(b) Li Yuanchao
(c) Li Keqiang
(d) Li yucheng
- On the invitation of Indian Vice president Hamid Ansari ,Vice President of the People’s Republic of China was on the visit to India from 3-7 November 2015.
- On 1 April, 1950, India became the first non-socialist block country to establish diplomatic relations with the People’s Republic of China.
- During the visit, the Chinese vice president visited the caves of Ajanta in Aurangabad.
- On November 5, 2015 the Vice President met the West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee .
- On November 6,2015 he had bilateral meeting with Vice President Hamid Ansari at Hyderabad House in Delhi.
- After this vice president Yuanchao met Prime Minister of India.
- Then both the leaders of India and China highlighted the opportunities for cooperation between the railways, smart cities, urban transport infrastructure.
- Both leaders agreed on the fact that peaceful, cooperative and stable relationship between India and China is important for regional and global peace and prosperity.
Trade and Commercial relations:
- In recent years, trade and economic relations between the two countries has grown rapidly.
- India-China bilateral trade which was as low as US$ 2.92 billion in 2000 reached US$ 41.85 billion in 2008.
- This made China India’s largest trading partner in goods, replacing the United States of America.
- India-China bilateral trade for 2014 stood at US$ 70.25 billion.