Question: When was the Uttarakhand statehood day celebrated?
(a) 7 November
(b) 8 November
(c) 10 November
(d) 9 November
- Uttarakhand celebrated its statehood day on 9 November 2019.
- Uttarakhand was formed on 9 November 2000 by joining some districts from the Northwestern part of Uttar Pradesh and some portion Himalayan Mountain.
- This year was the 19th Uttarakhand Foundation Day.
- The name of state was changed from Uttaranchal to Uttarakhand in 2007.
- Uttarakhand capital is Dehradun.
- It has rich natural resources including glaciers, rivers, dense forests, and snow-clad mountain peaks.
- The capital of the state is Dehradun and is situated in the Nainital the High Court.
- It is also known as Land of Gods.
- The government is celebrating a week-long “Foundation Week” from 3 November to 9 November 2019.