Question: Consider the following statements regarding UP budget:
(1) Budget size for financial year 2019-20 is Rs 4, 79,701.10 Crore
(2) Under Uttar Pradesh Milk Policy, 5 crore have been allocated for various programmes in financial year 2019- 20
(3) Total debt for state is approximately 30 percent of Gross Sate Domestic Product
(4) Total receipts for year 2019-20 is approximately Rs 4, 70,684 Crore
Of the above correct statements are:
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1, 3 and 4 only
(d) All of the above
- Mr. Rajesh Agrawal, Finance minster of Uttar Pradesh presented the budget on February 7, 2019 for financial year 2019-20.
- Budget size is approximately 4 lakh 79 thousand 701 Crore and 10 lakh rupees (Rs 4, 79,701.10 Crore), which is 12 per cent higher than the previous year.
- New schemes of worth Rs 21,212.95 Crore have been included.
- Per capita income has been increased to Rs. 5,500 in 2017-18 as compared with 2016-17.
- In financial year 2019-20 total estimated receipts is 4 lakh 70 thousand 684 crore and 48 lakh rupees (Rs 4, 70,684.48 Crore).
- Revenue receipts is 3 lakh 91 thousand 734 crore and 40 lakh rupees (Rs 3, 91,734.40 Crore).
- Capital receipts is 78 thousands 950 crore and 8 lakh rupees (Rs 78,950.08 Crore).
- Total tax revenue share in revenue receipts is 2 lakh 93 thousands 39 crore and 17 lakh rupees (Rs 2, 93,039.17 Crore).
- State’s own tax is Rs 1 lakh 40 thousand 176 Crore (Rs 1, 40,176 Crore).
- State’s share in central taxes is 1 lakh 52 thousand 863 crore and 17 lakh rupees (Rs 1, 52,863.17 Crore).
In financial year 2019-20 total estimated expenditure is 4 lakh 79 thousand 701 Crore and 10 lakh rupees (Rs 4, 79,701.10 Crore).
- Total revenue expenditure is 3 lakh 63 thousand 957 Crore and 04 lakh rupees (Rs 3, 63,957.04 Crore).
- Total capital expenditure is 1 lakh 15 thousand 744 Crore and 06 lakh rupees (Rs 1, 15,744.06 Crore).
- Revenue savings is estimated at Rs.27 thousand 777 Crore and 36 lakh rupees (Rs 27,777.36 Crore) in financial year 2019-20.
- In financial year 2019-20, fiscal deficit is estimated at Rs. 46 thousand 910 Crore and 62 lakh rupees (Rs 46,910.62 Crore), which is 2.97 per cent gross state domestic product.
- State’s total debt is approximately 30 percent of Gross Sate Domestic Product.
- After subtracting total expenditure form receipts of consolidated fund of state, estimated deficit is 9 thousand 16 crore and 62 lakh rupees (Rs 9,016.62 Crore).
- Net receipts estimated from public account is 9 thousand 500 Crore.
Agricultural and Rural development:
- Uttar Pradesh became the first state in the country to pay agricultural- grant through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer).
- In Mandi from now on only farmers will be president or vice-president.
- Unified license fee has been reduced to 10,000 from 1, 00,000.
- First branch of international rice research institute, Philippines, has been opened in Varanasi.
- Soil Health Card is distributed to more than 4 Crore farmers.
- With the aim of doubling the farmers income “the million farmer’s school programme” and International Agriculture Kumbh was successfully organized in Lucknow.
- 100 Mandis of Uttar Pradesh has been linked to portal e-NAM.
- State’s total sown areas area of sugar cane has been increased by 5 lakh hectares & is approximately 28 lakh hectares.
- Rs 204 Crore is proposed for Modernization of Police Service System.
- Rs 25 crore is proposed for reoperation of shut sugar mills through PPP (Public Private Partnership)model.
- Rs 892 crore has been proposed for Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
- Rs 450 crore has been proposed for National Crop Insurance Programme.
- Rs 150 crore has been proposed for pre- storage of fertilizers.
- Rs 36 crore has been proposed for development of 13 Krishi Vigyan Kendra under National Agriculture Development scheme.
- Rs 247 crore and 60 lakhs has been proposed for construction of Gaushalas and care for cows.
- Rs 200 crore has been proposed for Kanha Gaushala Evam Besahara Pashu Aashrya Yojana in Urban areas.
- For Foundation of Agriculture University (Campus) construction is under progress in Gonda.
- Rs 56 crore is proposed for dairy development in Mathura.
- Rs 64 crore has been proposed for Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya laghu dairy Yojana under which 10 thousands units are proposed to be constructed.
- In 2019-20, Rs 5 crore has been proposed for various programmes under Uttar Pradesh milk policy, 2018.
- Rs 25 Crore is proposed for Pisciculture.
Three new schemes under MGNREGA funded plantation have been started:
- Mukhyamantri Samudayik Vaniki Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Falodyan Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Krishak Vriksha Dhan Yojana
- Uttar Pradesh open school (fee regulation) act, 2018 has been enacted for regulation of private schools fees.
- There are 2 lakh 65 thousand schools in operation under basic education.
- 149 Pt. deen dayal government model Inter-College is in operation since 2018-19 session.
- 94 Pt. deen dayal government Ashram schools are being operated for scheduled caste and scheduled tribe.
- In the memory of Atal Bihari Vajpayee a provisional amount of Rs 5 Crore has been allocated for foundation of Centre of Excellence in D. A. V. College, Kanpur.
- Under Samgra Shiksha Scheme Rs 18,485 Crore has been provisioned in the budget.
- For Mid day Meal Programme Rs 2,275 Crore has been provisioned in the budget.
- For Establishment of Sainik Schools Rs 26 Crore and 57 Lakh has been allocated.
- Rs 160 crore has been proposed for Rashtriya Ucchtar Siksha Abhiyan (RUSA).
- Rs 50 crore has been proposed for Wi-Fi services in all colleges and universities.
- A provision has been made to allocate Rs 63 lakh under infrastructural head for Gurushri Gorakshanath Shodh Peeth at Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (PPP Model) under construction.
- Engineering college is proposed in Mirzapur and Pratapgarh.
- For foundation of Atal Sushasan Peeth in Lucknow University Rs 2 Crore has been provisioned in the budget.
- Under PM Awas Yojana –Grameen total 10 lakh and 9 thousand houses has been built and provided to the beneficiaries.
- There is target of building 71 lakh Pakka houses in rural areas till the end of March, 2019.
- UP is the first place in making houses under the above scheme in financial year 2017-18 (7 lakh 71 thousand).
- Foundation stone of (Green field) Purvanchal Express-Way has been laid from Lucknow to Ghazipur via Azamgarh.
- 91 km Gorakhpur Link Expressway is proposed to be built in orderto connect this Expressway with Gorakhpur.
- A 600 Km Express-Way connecting Meerut and Prayagraj has been planned.
- Electrical transmission has been raised form 92,556 MVA to 1, 14,157 MVA.
- Under Saubhagya scheme connection to 74 lakh needy families have been provided.
- Under UJALA scheme 3 core 40 lakh LED Bulb has been distributed which save around 900 MW of power. While doing so Uttar Pradesh secured second rank all over India.
- Vishwakarma Shram Samman Yojna has been proposed for Carpenter, tailor basket weaver, goldsmith, blacksmith, potter, confectioner, barber, cobbler, masonry etc.
- Rs 100 crore has been proposed for Mukhyamantri Swa-Rojgar Yojana.
- Rs 175 crore has been proposed for both the Metro Rail Projects in Agra and Kanpur.
- Rs 150 crore each has been proposed for initial work of Varanasi, Meerut, Gorakhpur, Prayagraj and Jhansi Metro Rail Project.
- Rs 1000 core is proposed for construction, expansion & consolidation of airstrip development in the state.
- Rs 200 crore has been proposed for Uttar Pradesh Pratikaratmak Vanropan Nidhi Prabandh Yojana.
- Bundelkhand development board has been established to address the inclusive development of the area and address the issue of drought and regular natural disaster.
- Purvanchal development board has been established to prepare an integrated planning for socio-economic development of the region while notifying the obstacles in achieving so.
- Noida international green field airport is under construction in Jewar, Gautam Buddha Nagar.
- Rs 3000 crore is proposed for pipe potable water in rural areas of Bundelkhand and Vindhya region.
- Rs 224 crore has been proposed for Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission.
- Rs 250 crore has been proposed for “One District One Product”.
- MoU worth Rs. 4 lakh 68 thousand Crore have been invested by various world’s top investors, industrialist in Uttar Pradesh.
- Business Reform Action Plan has been implemented through ease of doing business.
- For the first time 100 advance life support ambulance will be operated.
- 2,329 sub centre and 750 PHCs (Primary Healthcare Centres) have been developed as wellness centre.
- Under Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission 6 core people of 1 core 18 lakh families has been given free health aid upto Rs 5 Lakhs annually through government and listed private hospitals.
- Approximately 10 lakh 10 thousand beneficiaries have been given aid through “Mukhyamantri Jan Aarogya Abhiyan”. For this scheme Rs 111 Crore have been allocated.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical College is under construction in Lucknow.
- Rs 10 crore has been proposed for an Ayush University in the state.
- Average Response time for UP-100 has been reduced to 14 minutes.
- Home guards duty stipend has been raised to Rs. 500 per day from Rs. 375 per day and total allocation for Homegaurds Welfare Fund has been increased to Rs 10 Crore.
- Vahan-4 and Sarthi-4 software has been installed in every transport offices for online fee payment.
- Under PMJDY 4 core 87 lakh accounts have been opened for which 3 crore 85 lakh accounts Rupay debit card have been issued.
- Under Mudra scheme 1 crore 18 lakh beneficiaries has been given credit worth Rs. 51 thousand 650 crore.
- UP became the second state to start online permit in every division.
- Bus service between Ayodhya and Janakpur (Nepal) has been started.
- Under GST (Goods and Services Tax) 7 lakh 75 thousand new registration has been done till date.
- Annual turnover limit for GST registration has been raised to Rs 40 lakh from Rs 20 lakh and filing limit has been raised to three months for Rs 5 Crore.
- Under Smart City scheme Rs. 1,758 Crore have been approved for 10 cities.
- On Independence Day record 9 crore 66 lakh saplings have been planted.
- In 2019-20 there is a target of 22 crore plant saplings.
- Ganga Haritima Abhiyan has been run for integrated development of Ganga Gram.
Women and child care:
- Under PM Ujjawala Yojana 1 crore 9 lakh free LPG connection has been given to women of families lying below poverty line.
- Rs 156 crore has been proposed for Kishori Balika Yojana.
- Rs 335 crore for National Nutrition Mission and Rs 200 crore for Shabari Sankalp Abhiyan has been proposed.
- Naya Savera Yojana has been started to curb the menace of child labour, under which 18,376 child labors has been added.
- Kanya Sumangla Yojna is proposed for changing a positive approach towards women. For this scheme Rs 1200 Crore has been provisioned in the budget.
- During Kumbh Mela 2019 (1, 22,500) bio-digester toilet has been established.
- Kumbh has been declared as intangible cultural heritage by UNESCO.
- For the first time Akshay Vat and Saraswati Koop visit has been allowed in the Kumbh.
- For the first time Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas has been organized in Varanasi in between 21-23 January, 2019.
- Rs 125 crore has been proposed for infrastructure facility in Brij Tirth.
- Rs 101 crore has been proposed for integrated development of Ayodhya Tourism.
- Rs 27 crore has been proposed for development of Garh Mukteswar Tourism.
- Rs 70 crore for the implementation of tourism policy and 50 crore for pro-poor tourism has been proposed.
- Rishi Bharadwaj Ashram and Shringwerpur dham development is proposed in Prayagraj.
- Shakambhari Devi and Shukra taal development is proposed.
- Tulsi Peeth development is proposed in Rajapur chitrakot.
- In Prayagraj Saint Bharadwaj Ashram & Shringaverpur Dham has been proposed for development.
- Maharaj Suheldev Sthal and Chitaura lake development is proposed in Bahraich.
- Lahartara Lake, kabir sthal and Seer Goverdhanpur, birth place of guru Ravidas in Varanasi is proposed.
- Under buddha circuit development of Sarnath, Shravasti, Kushinagar, Kapilvastu, Kaushambi and Sankisa is proposed.
- For foundation of Vaidik Vigyan Kendra in Banaras Hindu University Rs 16 Crore is provisioned in the budget.
- Rejuvenation of Bijli Pasi Fort in Lucknow.
- Development of Vindhaychal and Naimisharanya is proposed.
- Rs 5 crore has been proposed for development of fencing of all Ram lila grounds.
- A provision of Rs 1 crore has been made to strengthen Vrindavan Shodh Sansthan.
- An auditorium is proposed between Mathura-Vrindavan.
- With the help of World Bank a pro-poor tourism Yojana is in operation in Agra and Mathura region.
By Ramayan Upadhyay