Ques: Who won the best player award for UEFA Best player in Europe- 2014-15?
a. Lionel Messi
b. Cristiano Ronaldo
c. Luis Suarez
d. Eden hazard
- 27 August, 2015 Argentine football player Lionel Messi who is playing for Barcelona Football Club won the ‘UEFA Best Player in Europe Award 2014-15’.
- Lionel Messi got 49 votes from the jury panel against Luis Suarez and Cristiano Ronaldo, who got 3 and 2 votes respectively.
- Along with that he awarded for ‘European Best Player of the Year’ as well.
- It is known that he was nominated for the second time for last season (2014-15). He has been received the same award for the year 2011 as well.
- The 28-year-old player broke Telmo Zarra’s record for Liga goals last term and ended the season with 58 in 57 competitions.
- The award, created in 2011 by UEFA, is aimed at reviving the ‘European Footballer of the Year Award’ (Ballon d’Or), which was merged with the ‘FIFA World Player of the Year Award’ in 2010 to become the ‘FIFA Ballon d’Or’. It also replaced the ‘UEFA Club Footballer of the Year’ award.
- Celia Sasic (Germany) was voted the winner of the UEFA Best Women’s Player in Europe Award for 2014/15 ahead of Amandine Henry and Dzsenifer Marozsán.
- She recently retired in July, 2015.
- Celia Sasic got 11 votes out of 18 followed by Amandine Henry (France) – 4 votes and Dzsenifer Marozsán (Germany) – 3 votes.
- The UEFA Best Player in Europe Award for women category created in 2012-13.