Question: Which one of following tropical cyclone knocked on Madagascar an African country based in Indian Ocean?
(b) Ian (Ian)
- In the first week of January, 2018, Madagascar was affected by the tropical Cyclone.
- It is significant that earlier in the first half of 2017 (March) Madagascar suffered from cyclonic storm ‘Enawo’ that killed 78 people.
- It is noteworthy that Cyclonic storms often come in Madagascar.
- Recent Cyclone ‘Eva’ hit the eastern coast of Madagascar on the morning of January 5, 2018.
- Ava’s drenching rainfall caused flooding and landslides which resulted in the deaths of at least 29 people. An estimated 80,000 people on Madagascar were affected by the tropical cyclone.
- Cyclones become a reason for a severe flood in Antananarivo and the port city Tomasina and the eastern city of Tamatava.