Question: Which city of India has been adjudged the wealthiest in country as per the Wealthiest Cities Worldwide in 2019 report by New World Health?
- In order to assess the cities by the total wealth held, The Wealthiest Cities Worldwide in 2019 report was released by a global market research group New World Health.
- Total wealth refers to the private wealth held by all the individuals living in each city(excluding government funds).It includes all their assets(property,cash,equities,business interests)less any liabilities.
- Mumbai topped the Indian cities having ranked the 12th richest city in the world with a total wealth of $960 billion.
- Delhi is on 22nd position and second Indian city after Mumbai. Bangalore is on 26th spot while Hyderabad came last at 28.
- The report outlines that Delhi, Bengaluru and Hyderabad were “expected to grow strongly over the next 10 years”. The three cities have been named under the ‘cities to watch’ category in the report.
The Global 3 Richest:
- New York City (NYC) topped the list with a total wealth of $3.0 trillion.
- Tokyo came a close second with a total wealth amounting to $2.5 trillion. The city is home to the 3rd largest stock exchange in the world.
- San Francisco Bay Area is ranked third with the total wealth amounting to $2.4 trillion.