Ques: Regarding Agni–IV Missile, which of the following statements is/are correct?
- The surface to surface Agni-IV missile has a strike range of 3,000 km.
- It is notable that Agni-IV missile is two stage missile with a capability of carrying of 1000 kilogram warheads.
- This was the fifth trial of the Agni IV
- Agni-IV missile was tested successfully by Indian Air Force.
(a) Only 1
(b) 2 & 3
(c) 2 & 4
(d) 1 & 3
- Nuclear weapons capable strategic missile Agni-IV was successfully test fired from the Wheeler Island off Odisha coast on November 9, 2015.
- The surface to surface Agni-IV missile has a strike range of 4,000 km.
- The Army’s Strategic Forces Command, which is entrusted with the task of handling strategic weapons, launched Agni IV missile under the supervision of Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO).
- Very high accuracy Ring Laser Gyro based Inertial Navigation System (RINS) and the most modern and accurate Micro Navigation System (MINS) ensured the missile to reach its target point with very high accuracy.
- It is notable that Agni-IV missile is two staged missile with a capability of carrying of 1000 kilogram warheads.
- Agni-IV mission included fibre reinforced plastic (FRP) or composite casing for the second stage.
- The FRP reduced the missile’s weight, enabling it to carry more propellants and to have a better range than Agni-II’s 2,000 km.
- Important to know that on December 2, 2014 the fourth test of the Agni-IV missile was successfully concluded.