Question: Recently who has been appointed as CBEC chairman?
(a) Kaushal Srivastava
(b) Arvind Mayaram
(c) Najib Shah
(d) Ajit Seth
- On 29 October 2015 Union Government’s Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the appointment of Mr Najib Shah an Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer of 1979 batch as new chairman of the Central Board of Exercise and Custom (CBEC).
- Prior to this appointment he was working as Member in the CBEC board.
- Along with this Mr. Kaushal Srivastava a retired officer of IRS has been appointed as Vice Chairman of CBEC.
- CBEC operates and functions under the aegis of the Department of Revenue of Union Ministry of Finance.
- CBEC is the nodal government agency on Indirect Taxes responsible for administering Customs, Central Excise, Service Tax and Narcotics in India its work is to prevent smuggling and to solve the cases related to customs, central excise, service tax and narcotics.