Question: Tele-Law: Mobile Application & Dashboard and Nyaya Bandhu (Pro Bono Legal Services) Mobile Application is launched by-
(a) Ministry of Law and Justice
(b) Ministry of Labour & Employment
(c) Ministry of Home Affairs
(d) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- On 19 February 2019, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Union Minister for Law and Justice and IT launched Tele-Law: Mobile Application and Dashboard & Nyaya Bandhu Mobile Application in New Delhi.
- Department of Justice (DoJ) has successfully endeavored to spearhead its two key programmes namely Tele –Law: Mainstreaming Legal Aid through Common Service Centers; and Nyaya Bandhu (Pro Bono Legal Services), through leveraging with different technology based channels to boost legal advice and aid in the country.
- The Tele Law Dashboard is an online platform to connect beneficiary with the panel lawyer through video conference, telephone and chat. The Tele Law: Mobile Application will facilitate pre-registration of case.
- Nyaya Bandhu (Pro Bono) Mobile Application will facilitate registration of a lawyer volunteering to provide pro bono legal services.
- To promote the expansion and penetration of Tele-Law online legal advice and consultation in the far flung and remote corners in the entire country, a mobile application has been developed for Para Legal Volunteers (PLVs).
- This mobile application will enable the PLVs to perform on field pre – registration of cases with a facility to seek appointment from the Panel lawyer on preferred date and time, in coordination with Village Level entrepreneur (VLE) at the CSC.
- This mobile application is integrated with a Dashboard created to confirm and register the pre-registered cases, to enable online interface between the beneficiary and the panel lawyer stationed at SLSAs through video conferencing and telephone facility available at each CSC and to measure the progress of advice enabled to the beneficiary, to all its key stakeholders that include Department of Justice (DoJ), CSC- e Governance Services India Limited (CSC e-Gov), National Legal Service Authority (NALSA)in a decentralized manner.
- To increase opportunities and benefits under these programmes, DoJ in collaboration with DAVP is carrying out extensive outreach and publicity campaign.
BY Achyutanand Pandey