Question: Who amongst the following won the title of Tata Steel’s Chess Tournament Challenger Group concluded recently?
(a) Viswanathan Anand
(b) Magnus Carlsen
(c) Sergei Kajakin
(d) Santosh Vidit Gujarati
- The international Chess competition ‘Tata Steel Chess Tournament, 2018’ concluded in the Wijk Aan Zee, Netherlands. (January 12-28, 2018)
- The competition was played in Masters, Challengers and Amateur categories.
- Competition Results:
- Masters Group (New line winner)
- Winner– Magnus Carlsen (Norway), registered win for the record sixth time.
- Second Place – Anis Giri (Netherlands)
- Challengers Group
- Winners-Santosh Vidit Gujarati (India)
- Second-Anton Korobov (Ukraine)
- Amateur Group
- Winner-Stefan Kuipers (Netherlands)
- Second place-Liam Vorlijk (Netherlands)
- With this win Vidit qualifies for the Tata Steel Masters Tournament, 2019.
- Viswanathan Anand from India finished fifth in the Masters Group with 8.0 points.