Question: Who is recently appointed as the next chairman of SWIFT India Domestic Services?
(a) Arundhati Bhattacharya
(b) Arvind Subhramaniam
(c) Uday Kotak
(d) Sunil Bharti Mittal
- ArundhatiBhattacharya, former State Bank of India Chairman has beenappointed as new chief of SWIFT IndiaDomestic Services; it isa local unit of SWIFT(Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication).
- Arundhati is also in the boards oftwo leading companies, Wipro and Reliance Industries Limited.
- She will succeed Mr. M.V. Nair. Sheis credited for supervising the merger of six associate banks with SBI forwhich she got extension of one year tenure as Chairman of SBI.
- SWIFT is a cooperative society under Belgian law owned by its member financial institutions with offices aroundthe world. It was established in 1973 and is headquartered in LaHulpe, Belgium.
- It provides a network enablingworldwide financial institutions to send and receive information regardingfinancial transactions in a safe and secured way.