Question. Which station grabbed first position in A-1 Category stations in Swachh Rail, Swachh Bharat campaign?
- Minister of railways, Coal, Finance & Corporate Affairs, Piyush Goyal released a third party survey report on station cleanliness conducted by Quality Council of India (QCI).
- On the 145th birthday anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan” a national level campaign was launched by Government of India to achieve the dreams of a Clean India by October 2nd, 2019.
- “Swachh rail, Swachh Bharat” campaign was launched by Ministry of Railways with the mission to improve cleanness across railway station.
Highlight of the survey:
- The survey has been conducted for the third time in year 2018.
- Indian Railways comprises of more than ten thousand stations, divided in 16 zones. A total of 407 stations were selected for the purpose of assessment and ranking from among 75 stations are in “A 1” and 332 stations are in “A” category stations.
- Jodhpur ranked first among “A1” category stations with score of 8%.
- Jaipur with score 97.2 and Tirupati with score of 96.5% ranked second and third place respectively among “A1” category.
- Marwar (Rajsthan) ranked first among ‘A’ category stations with score of 97.3%.
- Phulera (Rajasthan) with score of 96.2 and Warangal (Telangana) with score of 95.6% ranked second and third place respectively among ‘A’ category.
- In zonal ranking North Western Railway (NWR) secured first position.
- Allahabad junction station of NCR has been adjudged the cleanest station of UP in this cleanliness assessment.
- First survey was conducted by IRCTC in 2016 by conducting interview with passengers at stations while second was conducted by Quality Council of India.