Question: Which district emerged as the top performer in the Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2019 ranking?
- To provide national ranking of all districts and States of India on the basis of quantitative and qualitative sanitation (Swachhata) parameters,annual sanitation survey Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2019 was announced.
- The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation had commissioned “Swachh Survekshan Grameen-2019” (SSG 2019) through an independent survey agency.
- The Swachhta Survey was carried out in 683 districts and 17,209 villages which included feedback from people, direct observation by third party assessors and service level progress by local administration.
- Amongst the Larger States (population more than or equal to 30 lakh), Tamil Nadu has been ranked first in the cleanliness survey. Whereas, Haryana and Gujarat were spotted second and third respectively.
- Amongst the Smaller States (population less than 30 lakh), Mizoram has been adjudged number one followed by Daman & Diu and Sikkim consecutively.
- In the domain of Overall Best District, Peddapalli district of Telangana emerged as the top performer.While Faridabad and Rewari districts of Haryana are at second and third spot respectively.
Top States by Zones and UT:
- State of Haryana is ranked topmost state in North.
- State of Tamil Nadu is ranked topmost state in South.
- State of Jharkhand is ranked topmost state in East.
- State of Gujarat is ranked topmost state in West.
- State of Mizoram is ranked topmost state in North East.
- Daman & Diu is the top ranked Union Territory.