Question: At what rate Union Government has decided to impose a Swachh Brarat Cess on all services presently liable to service tax?
- Union Government decided to impose a Swachh Brarat Cess on all services presently liable to service tax.
- It is to be exclusively used for Swachh Bharat initiatives.
- Government has decided to impose, with effect from 15th November 2015, at the rate of 0.5% on all services, which are presently liable to service tax. It will be levied in addition to the 14 percent service tax that is in force now.
- In the General Budget, 2015-16, a provision was made for levying a Swachh Bharat Cess on all or any of the services, for the purposes of financing and promoting Swachh Bharat initiatives or for any other purpose relating thereto.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (English: Clean India Mission) and abbreviated as SBA or SBM for Swachh Bharat Mission is a national cleanliness campaign by the Government of India, campaign was officially launched on 2 October 2014 on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi’s 145th birthday.