Question: Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ‘Sutra Seva-Madhya Pradesh ki Apni Bus in Madhya Pradesh. Which of the given fact is not true in this context?
(a) The Prime Minister started this service in a program organized in Indore on June 23rd, 2018.
(b) On this occasion, the Prime Minister flagged off 50 buses for 4 Municipal Corporations and 2 Municipalities.
(c) In the first phase service will be started in 20 cities.
(d) Urban Development and Housing Department has started this service with private participation under the AMRUT scheme.
- On June 23rd, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ‘Sutra Seva-Madhya Pradesh ki Apni Bus’ in a program organized at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium Indore (Madhya Pradesh).
- This Bus service has been started under the ambitious Urban Transport Scheme of the Madhya Pradesh government.
- On this occasion the prime minister flagged 127 buses for 4 Municipal Corporations (Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur and Chhindwara) and 2 Municipalities (Guna, Bhind).
- In the first phase service will be started in 20 cities (16 Corporations and 4 Municipalities).
- Service will be run on the basis of public-partnership Urban Development and Housing Department has started this service with private participation under the AMRUT scheme.
- Under this service, the shares of centre, state and corporation in the cities having population over 10 lakh would be 33 percent, 50 percent and 17 percent respectively.
- In the cities having population less than 10 lakh the shares of the centre, state and corporation would be 50 percent, 40 percent and 10 percent respectively.
- These projects include Pradhan Mantri Housing Scheme, Urban Drinking Water Supply Scheme, Urban Solid Waste Management, Urban Sanitation, Urban Transport and Urban Landscape Project.
- Prime minister also launched Swachh Survekshan 2018 puruskar parking a garden for children developed by Bhopal Corporation and an intercity bus service under ‘Sutra Seva’.
- In the recently released Swachh Survekshan 2018 Indore and Bhopal cities of Madhya Pradesh are first and second respectively.