Question: When does the Delhi government released a draft bill for the grant of Statehood named “The State of Delhi Bill 2016”?
(a) 18 May 2016
(b) 17 May 2016
(c) 16 May 2016
(d)15 May 2016
- On 18 may 2016 Chief Minister of Delhi Arvind Kejriwal presented the State of Delhi Bill, 2016.
- Government has invited suggestions on the Bill from the public till June 30, 2016.
- Major highlights of The State of Delhi Bill 2016 draft:
- Delhi Police will be made accountable to the elected Government of Delhi.
- Delhi Development Authority and Municipal Corporations of Delhi will be accountable to the State administration.
- Special provisions are made for areas demarcated under the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
- The New Delhi area which is under the control of the NDMC will be under the Union Government for matters of law, order and land while the remaining areas will be under the Delhi State.