Question: Government of which of the following state participated in annual Startup India Venture Capital Summit, 2018?
(b) Himachal Pradesh
(d) Uttar Pradesh
- On 7 December 2018 the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Government of Goa, hosted the annual Startup India Venture Capital Summit in Goa.
- The theme of the Summit was ‘Mobilizing Global Capital for Innovation in India’ with an aim to attract more global capital into India.
- The event enables a dialogue between Government and experienced Venture Capital fund managers on ways to further promote the startup ecosystem in India. It will also focus on the huge return-generating potential of India’s vast and diverse market monetized through cutting-edge technologies and supported by investor-friendly regulations and ease of doing business.
- This event marks gathering of 150 participants including government officials, domestic and international startups, global fund managers, India’s vibrant entrepreneurial community and participants from United States of America, China, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore under one platform.
- India has the world’s third largest startup base with more than 14,000 recognized Startups. More than 8,200 startups are recognized by DIPP in 2018.