Ques: Consider the following statements-
- Indian team was in Sri Lanka tour during 12 August to 1 September, 2015
- India won the test series by 3-0
- Ashwin was the man of the series
- Virat Kohli was the top scorer of the series
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
a. 1, 2 and 4
b. 1 and 3
c. 2, 3 and 4
d. Only 3
- Indian team was in Sri Lanka tour during 12 August to 1 September, 2015.
- It was three test match series between the two countries.
- On August 28 – September 1, 2015, in the third and final match of the series, India beat Sri Lanka by 117 runs to won the series by 2-1 at Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo.
- 12 – 15 August, in début match of the series, Sri Lanka won by 63 runs at Galle International Stadium.
- While 20 – 24 August, 2015, in second match played at P. Sara Oval stadium India won by a huge margin of 278 runs.
- Important to know that the series win in Sri Lanka came after 22 years. Last win was on 1993 by 1-0 captained by Azharuddin.
- Virat Kohlali and Angelo Mathews were the captains from India and Sri Lanka respectively.
- This is the first test series win for Virat Kohali as captain.
- Ashwin was given the man of the series award for taking maximum 21 wickets in 6 innings and 3 matches.
- Angelo Mathews scored highest 339 run from Sri Lankan side and Virat Kohli scored highest run- 223 from Indian side.
- Indian fast bowler Ishant Sharma on his 65th career’s final innings of the third test match took his 200th wicket by dismissing Mathews.
- He became 4th Indian player to reach 200 wicket club and 8th in overall.
- The first time in the history of Test cricket, Indian team won a series after losing the first match on foreign soil.