Question: What is the name of the first Make in India train flagged off by Sri Lanka recently?
(a) Deyata Express
(b) Udarata Menike Express
(c) Pulathisi Express
(d) None of these
- India’s southern neighbor Sri Lanka received a newly ‘Make In India’ train named Pulathisi Express rake was flagged of from Colombo Fort Railway station on September 11, 2019.
- This train was manufactured in the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai.
- Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and other dignitaries inaugurated the train and flagged off to Polonnaruwa from Colombo Fort Railway station.
- ICF will manufacture six DEMU train sets with 78 coaches in five variants as per an agreement done earlier.
- The order is being jointly executed by RITES and ICF under the India-Sri Lanka economic cooperation agreement.
Salient features of the train:
- The train is loaded with plush interiors, GPS-based passenger information system in all coaches
- Halogen-free rubber flooring, individually revolving seats and the individual audio controls for AC class passengers are also in the train.
- Each DEMU rake consists of 13 cars, having two driving power cars with economy class seating, two driving trailer cars with economy class seating, two air-conditioned chair cars with rotatable seats, two business class chair cars and five economy class coaches.
- The coach design was finalised as per the customer’s choice and ICF geared up to meet the export order in time.
- The car body along with all interior fittings is made up of authentic stainless steel and special paint has been used on the coaches and under-frame to prevent corrosion.