Question: Which of the following constituency is represented by Om Birla who has been elected as the Speaker of the 17th Lok Sabha Assembly?
- National Democratic Alliance nominee and BJP MP from Kota, Om Birla was unanimously elected as the Speaker of 17th Lok Sabha on June 19, 2019.
- All major political parties including Congress, DMK, TMC, BJD, TDP, YSR Congress, JD(U) and Shiv Sena supported the motion moved by Prime Minister and Leader of the House, Narendra Modi to choose Om Birla as the Lok Sabha Speaker.
- 13 motions were moved in support of Mr. Birla.
- Pro-tem speaker Dr Virendra Kumar declared Om Birla as the Speaker.
- Prime minister along with other leaders of different political parties escorted Om Birla to the Speaker’s chair.
- Birla won his first Lok Sabha election in 2014 and was again elected this year from Rajasthan’s Kota-Bundi seat.
- He was elected for Rajasthan Assembly for three times consecutively (2003, 2008 and 2013) from Kota South seat.
- He was BJP`s Rajasthan President for 6 years.