Question: Name the Indian-origin Tamil writer who has been declared as the winner of the prestigious 2015 South East Asian Write Award?
(a) M Sali
(b) Haresh Sharma
(c) Isa Kamari
- Indian-origin Tamil writer Jamaludeen Mohamed Sali on 14 December 2015 was awarded the prestigious South East Asian Write Award-2015 for Singapore.
- Sali received the award for literary excellenceat a ceremony in Bangkok.
- Since 1979, the Southeast Asian Write Awards (S.E.A. Write Awards) is presented annually to poets and writers of Southeast Asia.
- Jamaludeen Mohamed Sali (famously known as J M Sali) was born in Madras in 1939.
- At the age of 25 in 1964, he moved to Singapore and in 1990 he became a citizen of the Singapore.
- Till 1980-1981, he served as editor of a magazine called Maya Youth in Chennai.
- From 1983 to 2000 he served as a senior broadcast journalist in Singapore Broadcasting Corporation.
- He has been writing for over 5 decades and has written 57 books, 80 plays and more than 400 short stories.
- His short stories like Vellai Kodugal (White Lines), Alaigal Pesuginrana (the Sound Of The Waves) are being studied by Tamil Literature students in Singapore and Indian universities.
- He has won several literary awards to his credit including Singapore’s prestigious Cultural Medallion.