QUESTION: Consider the following statements about Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana:
- Smriti Mandhana hits joint fastest fifty in 21 balls.
- She did this against Loughborough Lightning.
- Sophie Devine is world record holder of fastest fifty in 18 balls.
Of the above the correct statement is/are:
(b) Only 2&3
- On 29 July 2018, Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana smashed fastest fifty against Loughborough Lightning in 18 balls in the ongoing KIA Super League. By doing this she became the joint record holder of fastest fifty with Sophie Devine of New Zealand which was against India in Bangalore (2015).
- Batting for Western Storm Mandhana made 52 not out off 19 balls which included 5 fours and 4 sixes marking her team score to 85 runs off 2 wickets in a rain-shortened match.
- This 22-year-old cricketer is first Indian to play in England’s premier women domestic t20 tournament.
- Smriti Mandhana played 42 T20’s in which she made 857 runs having 25 half centauries. In 41 ODIs she made 1464 runs at an average of 37.53 which includes 3 hundreds and 11 fifties.
- Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh is also jointly holding the record of fastest fifty with Chris Gayle which they have done in 12 balls.