Question: Recently the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched the SkillsBuild platform in collaboration with?
- On 4th November, 2019; Directorate General of Training (DGT), under the aegis of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched the SkillsBuild platform in collaboration with IBM.
- This program has been launched to empower the next generation to compete in the global economy. As part of the programme, a two-year advanced diploma in IT, networking and cloud computing will be offered at the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) & National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs).
- The curriculum of this diploma has been co-created and designed by IBM. The platform will be extended to train ITI & NSTI faculty on building skills in Artificial Intelligence (AI). SkillsBuild offers digital learning content from IBM and partners such as CodeDoor, Coorpacademy and Skillsoft.
- The digital platform will provide a personal assessment of the cognitive capabilities and personality via MyInnerGenius to the students.
- Through this platform, students will get the knowledge about digital technologies as well as other professional skills such as resume writing, problem solving, and communication.
- This initiative is part of IBM’s global commitment to create a job-ready workforce and to build the next generation of skills needed for new collar careers.
- The platform is deployed with the support of leading NGOs like Unnati and Edunet Foundation.
- IBM Volunteers along with the NGOs will offer students personalised coaching and experiential learning opportunities.