Question: Recently, Where did the sixth India China Strategic Economic Dialogue takes place?
(d) New Delhi
(d) New Delhi
- The sixth India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue (SED) took place in New Delhi with both sides agreeing that the SED has emerged as a crucial mechanism to facilitate bilateral trade and investment flows and enhance economic cooperation between the two sides.
- The Dialogue which was held from held from 7-9 September 2019 comprised of round table meetings of Joint Working Groups on infrastructure, energy, high-tech, resource conservation and policy coordination followed by technical site visits and closed door G2G meetings.
The two sides through pragmatic and outcome oriented deliberations of the six working groups arrived at following mutual agreements:
- Policy Coordination.
- Working Group on Infrastructure.
- Working Group on High-Tech.
- Working Group on Resource Conservation and Environmental Protection.
- Working Group on Energy Working Group on Pharmaceuticals.
- Set up between erstwhile Planning Commission and the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), China during the visit of Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao to India in December 2010, the SED has since then served as an effective mechanism for enhancing bilateral practical cooperation.
- NITI Aayog after its formation has taken the Dialogue forward giving it a greater momentum.
- Six standing Joint Working Groups with Co-Chairs ( above the rank of Joint Secretary ) are appointed by both sides to address pertinent economic and commercial issues across infrastructure, energy, high-tech, resource conservation, pharmaceuticals and policy coordination in a structured and outcome-oriented manner by ensuring regular interaction and continued exchanges between respective counterparts.