Question: Which edition of the annual Sino-Indian border trade opened at Nathu La on May 1, 2019?
- The 14th edition of the annual Sino-Indian border trade opened on May 1, 2019.
- Venue of the event was Nathu La in Sikkim.
- Officials and traders of both the countries were present at the border to mark the commencement of the border trade.
Bilateral border trade:
- The bilateral border trade between the two countries is organised four days a week for six months, between May 1 and November 30, every year.
- It was resumed in 2006 after a gap of 44 years.
- A total of 36 items, from dairy products are on India’s export list comprising dairy products to utensils.
- While a total of 20 items, including carpets, quilts and jackets among others, are in the country’s import list from the Tibet Autonomous Region.
- Last year, the export of goods from India stood at Rs. 45.03 crore, while items worth Rs. 3.23 crore were imported from the Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR).