Question: Where will India’s first smart school campus be launched by Singapore’s GIIS?
(b) New Delhi
- The Singapore-headquartered Global Indian International School (GIIS) notified that it will launch India’s first SMART campus in Pune as part of its Rs 420 crore investments in education in India over the coming years.
- The concept of an international award-winning SMART Campus, launched in Singapore in 2018, will be implemented at Hadapsar and Balewadi campuses with the aim of providing students with NextGen learning to hone 21st century skills.
- GIIS plans to introduce the same pedagogy and initiatives at all its existing campuses in India and will invest over Rs 420 crore over the coming years towards this.
- The SMART Campus offers Digital and Virtual Classrooms for global student exchange, facial recognition for student attendance and campus security, innovation, artificial intelligence, robotics and entrepreneurship studios.
- First time in India, GIIS will introduce Sports Analytics at the school level, to monitor and improve on-field performances of students through data and statistical information.
- The GIIS has more than 15,000 students across 21 campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Thailand, UAE, Vietnam and India.