Question: SHINYUU-MAITRI is a bilateral air exercise between which two country’s forces?
(b) India-South Korea
- Koku-Jieitai (Japan Air Self-Defense Force) and the Indian Air Force will conduct bilateral training “SHINYUU-MAITRI 19 from 15-25 October, 2019 at Arjan Singh Air Force Station, West Bengal, India.
- The bilateral air exercise aims to improve air transport capability as well as deepening mutual understanding and strengthening relationship of trust.
- The focus of the exercise will be to undertake Joint Mobility and Tactical interoperability.
- C-130 J aircraft of the Special Operations Squadron of IAF and C-130 H of Tactical Airlift Squadron of JASDF will participate in the exercise.
- It is the second time that a bilateral training between Koku-Jieitai and the Indian Air Force is being conducted having done its first one in December, 2018.