Question: Which of the following tennis player topped the Forbes’s list of the highest paid female athletes , published in August, 2019?
(a) Naomi Osaka
(b) Angelique Kerber
(c) Serena Williams
(d) Simona Halep
- On 6th August, 2019; popular American business magazine Forbes released its list of The Highest-Paid Female Athletes 2019.
- US tennis player Serena Williams topped the list with total earnings of $29.2 million.
- Japan’s iconic tennis player Naomi Osaka, bagged second spot with the annual earnings of $24.3 million.
- German professional tennis player Angelique Kerber secured third position in the list with earnings of $11.8 million.
- The highest paid athlete from a different sport was US footballer Alex Morgan, in at 12th place with earnings of $5.8 million.
- Indian badminton star PV Sindhu with earnings of $5.5 is the sole Indian included in the published list at 13th position.