Question: Who amongst the following has been declared the best boxer in the recently concluded second Elite Men’s National Boxing Championship, 2017?
(a) Shiva Thapa
(b) Manoj Kumar
(c) Mandeep Jangra
(d) Parag Chauhan
- Indian Boxing Association (BFI) Second Elite Men’s National Boxing Championship organized by 2017 concluded in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh (24-30 October, 2017)
- Railways Sports Promotion Board (RSPB) received 5 gold and 1 bronze medals in the competition and got top position (overall champion) in the medal table.
- RSPB Manoj Kumar was selected as the ‘Best Boxer’ of the competition. Manish Kaushik of Services Sports Control Board (SSCB) was selected as ‘Best Promising Boxer’.
- The award of ‘Best Challenger’ was given to NT Redabakima of Mizoram.
- SSCB secured second place with 4 gold and 1 silver medal.
- Haryana got 1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze medals and remained third.
- Manoj Kumar defeated Duryodhana Singh of SSCB 4-1 in Welter Weight category (69kg).
- Manish Kaushik defeated Shiv Thapa of Asom 4-1 in Light Weight category (60kg).
- NT Lalbiakima was defeated in the light flyweight category (46-49kg) by K. Shyam Kumar of RSPB.