Question: A target has been fixed to provide electricity connections by December 2018 to how many households under ‘Saubhagya’ (Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojna) scheme?
(a) 3 crores
(b) 3.5 crores
(c) 4 crores
(d) 4.5 crores
- On 11th December, 2017, the Government of Jammu and Kashmir launched ‘Saubhagya’ (Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojna) scheme with the aim of providing free electricity connections to the poor families in the state.
- It was inaugurated by Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious plan has set a target to provide electricity to 4 crore households in the country by December 2018.
- Under this scheme, electricity connections will be provided to the poor people, marked at 500 rupees on the basis of social, economic and caste census.
- The connection fee will be payable in 10 equal installments with the electricity bill.
- Under the scheme, arrangement for registration of applications on the spot is also made.