Question: Which of the following writer has been awarded Sahitya Academi Award for Hindi language in 2018?
(a) Ramdarash Mishra
(b) Dudhnath Singh
(c) Ramakant Singh
(d) Chitra Mudgal
- Sahitya Academi announced its prestigious Annual Awards under the chairmanship of Akademi president Chandrashekhar Kambar in which eminent Hindi writer Chitra Mudgal was awarded for her acclaimed novel “Post box no.203 Nalasopara” in novel category.
- Born on 10 September 1944 in Chennai, Chitra got her first story published in 1955. Since then she had authored numerous novel, story, dramas and essays.
- She is recipient of Vyas Samman, Indu Sharma Katha Samman, Sahitya Bhusan, Veer Singh Deo Samman. Total of 24 writers in different languages received the award.
- Sahitya Academy was established by Government of India on 12 March, 1954 for promotion and preservation of literature in 24 languages recognized by it. There are 3 Kala Academies namely, the Sangeet Kala Academy, the Lalit Kala Academy, and the Sahitya Academy.
- The awardees would be awarded an engraved copper-plaque, a cheque of ₹1lakh and a shawl on 29 January next year at Kamani Auditorium, New Delhi.