Question: Who is the founding father of Sainik School?
(a)V K Krishna Menon
(c)V P Singh
(d)Kailash Nath Katju
- On 25th October 2018, the 48thedition of the All India Sainik School (AISS) Principals’ conference was inaugurated by Raksha Rajya Mantri Dr. Subhash Bhamre in Karnal district of Haryana.
- Effort of principals was applauded and the establishment of two new Sainik Schools at Jhunjhunu (Rajasthan) and East Siang (Arunachal Pradesh) in the current financial year was informed.
- The Minister presented the prestigious Raksha Mantri Trophy to the Principal of Sainik School Sujanpura Tira in Himachal Pradesh for sending maximum number of cadets to NDA in 2017 and 2018.
- The government has taken revolutionary decision to induct the girls in the Sainik Schools and open the doors of quality training; a historic step towards the empowerment of girls.
About Sainik School:
- The concept of the Sainik School originated in the year 1961 in visionary mind of late V K Krishna Menon, who was Defence Minister in the early sixties.
- The Sainik Schoolsare a system of schools in India established and managed by the Sainik Schools Society under Ministry of Defence. There are 26 such schools covering all the states of the country.
- The scheme to establish Sainik Schools originated in order to serve as an ideal residential educational institution to rectify the imbalance caused by religion, class, and creed among the Officer cadre of the Indian Military and to prepare students for entry into the National Defence Academy (NDA) and the Indian Naval Academy (INA).