Question: Who launched the new Rotavirus vaccine named ROTAVAC-5D on December 3 2019?
(a) Harsh Vardhan
(b) Narendra Modi
(c) Venkaiah Naidu
(d) Gagan Narang
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu launched the new Rotavirus vaccine – ROTAVAC-5D designed and developed by Bharat Biotech in New Delhi.
- ROTAVAC is said to be an example of a true social innovation that was realized through a partnership between scientists from India and the USA.
- He added that India is committed to the goal of protecting the health of each and every one of its children.
- India is firmly committed to ending morbidity and mortality in children caused due to diarrhoea by 2022.
- The first generation, Rotavirus vaccine, ROTAVAC developed under a Public-Private Partnership with the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- This has put India on the global map for setting new standards in pharmaceutical Research and Development.