- On October 22nd, 2017, the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated Phase 1 of the RO RO (Roll on, Roll off) ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej.
- It is the first ever not only for the country but the entire South-Asia.
- This ferry service shall reduce the travel time between Ghogha in Saurashtra, and Dahej in South Gujarat, from about seven or eight hours, to just over an hour.
- Phase 1, enables passenger movement and will shorten the 360 kms distance between Ghogha in Bhavnagar district to Dahej in Bharuch district to just 32 kms by water.
- The Prime Minister travelled on the maiden voyage of this service, from Ghogha to Dahej.
- Phase 1 RO (Roll on, Roll off) ferry service is of Rs. 615 crore.
- The Prime Minister also dedicated Sarvottam cattle feed plant of Shree Bhavnagar District Cooperative Milk Producers Union Ltd at Ghogha in Bhavnagar district.
- He also laid foundation stones for development projects worth over 1,140 crores in Vadodara.