Question: Where was the Global Investor Meet Rising Himachal 2019 organised recently?
- The State Government of Himachal Pradesh is organizing Global Investors’ Meet 2019, a flagship business event at Dharamshala on November 7 -8, 2019.
Major events in the summit:
- This event will showcase the policy and regulatory environment, investment opportunities in eight focus sectors to boost manufacturing and employment generation in the State.
- The eight focus sectors are agri-business and post-harvest technology, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals, tourism and hospitality, civil aviation, hydro and renewable energy, wellness, healthcare and AYUSH, housing and urban development, IT-ITeS and electronics, education and skill development.
- Commerce and Industry and Railway Minister, Piyush Goyal will attend the Rising Himachal Global Investors’ Meet 2019 and inform about the investment and policies of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry for promoting investment in Himachal Pradesh and the hill states of India.
- The Global Investors’ Meet will be attended by diplomats, leaders from corporate sector, senior policy makers, development agencies and investors from across the world.
- Invest India, the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency, under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, is promoting Rising Himachal Summit through the India Investment Grid (IIG).
- The exhibit space will have different elements that introduce Invest India as the national investment facilitation agency and showcase the investment potential of Himachal Pradesh.
- During the two days Global Investors’ Meet there will be a session on ‘Growing economic ties between Invest India and UAE’.
- There will also be parallel sectoral sessions on Ease of Doing Business, tourism, wellness and AYUSH.
- Himachal Pradesh has implemented online Single Window System which provides approvals and renewals for investment in all the sectors.
- The State Governmentof Himachal Pradesh has brought HP MSME (Facilitation of Establishment and Operation) Ordinance, 2019, that allows implementation of project for MSME’s without waiting for approvals/ NoCs/ permissions in order to strengthen the MSME sector which is the backbone of the State.
- The State Government has also notified HP Tourism Policy 2019 to promote development of new tourist destinations by providing Capital Investment Subsidy.